Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Texture and typing

I have had a few people tell me that they would wear their hair natural if they had hair like me (what does that mean). I am saddened by this comment because it seems like some black women are finding yet another way to separate ourselves from one another. Light skinned, dark skinned, short hair, long hair, big booty, no booty, straight, curly....and you get the point. Why not celebrate our diversity, rather than let it be another way for us to separate ourselves. ..
(rant over)
So when people ask me my hair type, I sometimes draw a blank because I struggle with the hair typing system. Simply because I have so many different textures in my head. My hair is just curly, kinky if you ask me. It's downright stubborn in the crown if you really want to get specific. ANYWAY, I took some pictures while wet with no product. You be the judge.
See ya!




My Michael Jackson curl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment