Sunday, May 15, 2011

NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL SPOTLIGHT #3

Meet our Naturally Beautiful Spotlight of the week, my friend, the gorgeous Danielle. :)





Tell us a little bit about you and your natural journey?

My name is Danielle and this is second time on my natural journey. I caved in to what society wanted me to look like "The Black Barbie" with long silky hair. The second time around I did a transition for about 4 months and made the Big Chop and I LOVE my natural hair!

How long have you been natural, and what made you decide to go natural ?

My natural journey was all about starting a new chapter in my life. I cut so much negative energy out of my life and my natural journey was a symbol for me of out with the old in with the new.

Were your friends and family supportive ?   If not, how did you overcome the negativity?

My family and friends were not supportive of my decision at first they felt like I made a mistake. My mom feels like a woman's hair is her crown and glory and I chopped all of mine off she was devastated. I am thankful for the few friends that I have that were a year ahead of me in their natural journey. They were my true support system and helped me through the first 6 months. They taught me what to buy, how to style my hair, EVERYTHING!!!!



What is your current hair routine?

I am a wash and go girl right now because my hair is still short. So I wash my hair once a week and do a deep conditioner. I then condition my hair and put my curling gel on my hair (a lot) and it will keep my hair curly for the week. I just have to dampen my hair with water from my spray bottle to liven up my curls in the morning.


Do you have any hair goals?

I love having long hair so I plan to let my hair grow out for about five years and have crazy length.




Finish this statement: I love being natural because...

I love being natural because I am able to see the real me!


Is there anything else you would like to say and where can we keep up with you? FB, Twitter, blog, etc...

Being natural is beautiful and I was nervous about how it would be perceived but I feel great and Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment