Friday, June 3, 2011

Like Tweet says in her song, "I'm done"...

***Rant Alert***
I am very disappointed. Why, you say, because! It’s seems like some many black people want to stay divided about something. I have come across so many black women since being natural that want to use hair to separate each other. Let me tell you, I am soooo over the Relaxed vs. Natural debate. I personally don’t understand what the big deal is. It’s just HAIR!!!!!!!!!! To me, it’s as simple as deciding to wear a ponytail, or braids. It’s just a choice that I made for ME and MY HAIR. Why do some people always want to zero in and go straight to slavery when we talk about natural hair?  I had an older lady tell me “don’t you know that people died so that you don’t have to wear your hair like that? WHAT!?!!!?! WOW!! REALLY, Ma’am??
NEWS Flash… This is the way my hair grows out of my head. Kinky, Curly, highly textured,…etc.
This is the way my daughters hair grows out of her head. I don’t want my baby to feel that she has to CHEMICALLY alter herself to be beautiful or accepted. We have to do better. We have to stop letting our differences divide us, rather than let our differences make us a more diverse race of people. SIGH. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please don’t try to push your opinion on others. Like my friend Oprah says, “Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space”.
And finally…do what YOU want to do with YOUR hair.
***Rant Over***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment